It’s Zucchini season
It's Zucchini season (May to August) so it’s no wonder this lovely vegetable is known as a Summer squash. Why not get your friends and family around to enjoy this summer pizza.
So let's get started
- 1 zucchini washed and ends trimmed
- 1 grated garlic clove
- Mozzarella cheese
- Goats cheese, crumbled
- Chives to garnish
- 1 DELIVITA Dough to Go pizza dough ball
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut each half into half moons. In a medium bowl, toss zucchini with 1 clove grated garlic and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Transfer the zucchini to a mesh strainer and set over the bowl. Let drain for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally. Place zucchini in the middle of a double layer of paper towels. Bring the paper towels up around the zucchini, and gently squeeze to release excess moisture. Pat zucchini dry and set aside.
- Stretch pizza dough out (around 12 inches) Top the pizza evenly with grated mozzarella cheese, the zucchini and sprinkle goats cheese over the top. Add a little salt (if you like).
- Transfer your pizza to your DELIVITA oven and cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is nice and bubbly (mmm not long to wait).
- Finish the pizza with a sprinkling of chives.
Enjoy! #woodfiredrecipe #delivitapizza #delivitapizzaoven #summernights