A taste of Italy ... Chicken with Artichokes, Onions and Potatoes
Whilst in Italy we were inspired to cook this lovely, simple chicken dish, full of Italian flavours.
8 small artichokes (you could use preserved artichokes), prepared and cut into quarters
1.8kg of chicken thigh or breast cut into chunks (we used legs but cooked them off a little before)
1 large white onion, chopped
1kg new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks (par boiled)
2 tsp of rosemary needles (plus a few sprigs for garnish)
A few generous glugs of olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Let your DELIVITA oven get to around 200 degrees
- Put the ingredients into a good quality tin tray or a cast iron dish
- Cover with tin foil and put into your oven for around 15 minutes (mixing in between)
- Remove from the oven (be careful when handling the dish) and give the ingredients a good mix, pop back into your oven for another 10 minutes
- Remove the foil and let the chicken brown a little, after which the chicken should be cooked and the potatoes should be tender.